Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Show All Answers
The following is required when establishing new service: - Request must be made in person. - Service Charge ($26.75 or $80.25 for new underground service) - Utility Deposit or Letter of Credit (deposit amount is $350 with social security card. Without social security card deposit is $450 and 2 month average for non-residential customer or acceptable letter of credit from current utility for a period not less than 12 months with no more than 2 delinquent payments during the 12 month period) - Lease, Deed, or Proof of Purchase - Driver’s License or Department of Motor Vehicles issued identification card - Social Security Number (accepted as second form of identification) - Payment of outstanding bills owed to the City of Lumberton.
Blind persons and persons who serve in the United States armed forces or the merchant marine are exempt from paying any privilege license tax levied by privilege license article to the extent provided by.
- Tax bills are mailed during the month of July.
- 1% discount for current year property taxes paid prior to September 1.
- Taxes are due on September 1.
- Taxes are delinquent on January 6 and interest begins to accrue. Enforced collection remedies such as garnishment, levy on personal property, and foreclosure proceedings begin.
- Delinquent real property taxes are advertised at least once in the local news publications between March 1 and June 30.