The Safety Division consists of a Safety Director and an Executive Safety Committee comprised of representatives, executive board members, from each department within the city.
Safety Director / Executive Safety Committee
The Safety Director reports to the City Manager and is responsible for the execution and operation of the city safety program to include training, accident follow-up, vehicle and building safety, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance.
The Safety Director chairs the Executive Safety Committee and each Executive Board Member chairs their departmental safety committee. The Executive Safety Committee
meets monthly to discuss safety issues, review accidents, and makes recommendations for change in the City's Safety Policy.
- Accident Reporting and Investigation
- Blood-Borne Pathogen Safety
- Excavation and Trenching Safety
- Hazardous Communications
- Ladder Safety
- Organization and Responsibility
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory and Hearing Safety
- Safety Inspections
- Safety Training
- Vehicle, Traffic, and Driver Safety
- Welding and Cutting Safety